How to Get Found in Google’s Real-Time Search?
It’s pretty safe to say that the buzz throughout the latter half of 2009 surrounded real-time search.
With Google rolling out real-time search results into its regular results page in early December, there is now even greater opportunity to get more exposure for your business.
So, how can you get found in real-time searches?
It’s all about Twitter & Facebook, so here are some tips that will get you on the right track:
- Get social: Join the social media world by opening up Facebook and Twitter accounts for a start. You can make use of social media features in customizing the URL and make sure your profiles are public so that the search engines can find them.
- Keyword, keywords, keywords: This seems obvious, but use keywords in not only your content, but in your titles, and your updates. If you’re writing an article, you have to consider what people are going to include in their updates if they share it on a social network, whether this be Facebook, Twitter, or anything else. If someone searches for those keywords, they will be more likely to find your content in a real-time search. The same goes for your own Tweets/status updates.
- Be Timely: Simply mentioning events that are current & relevant will put you directly into the results for any searches having to do with that topic, provided the right keywords are in play.
- Get plenty of followers: If you have a lot of followers or friends on social networks, or even just readers of your blog, you are going to get more people sharing your content. The more people that share your content, the better chances it has of making it into real time searches. The key to getting new followers is to write good content which others will feel compelled to share.
- Easy sharing: You need to make it easy for your content to be shared. Put links/buttons on your blog or website (or both!) that make it easy for you to be shared.
The key to real-time search is to provide relevant and timely information to as many people as possible. Good luck!