With a global audience of more than 800 million monthly visitors to YouTube, every day can feel like you’re advertising in the Super Bowl, and one video can launch a business. Many have had success growing their business on YouTube, by creating videos that demonstrate their products, share customers testimonials, or simply showcase how their business works.
Take TRX, for example. When former Navy Seal Randy Hetrick wanted to expand TRX as a business, he knew he needed to use video to show potential customers how the TRX suspension training system worked and demonstrate its effectiveness. After using YouTube Analytics to hone their optimal video length and broadening their reach with TrueView video ads, they saw a 5X increase in traffic, 2X increase in conversions, and most importantly, a 2X increase in revenue.
To help even more businesses play big with video, today we’re introducing a number of new products, resources, and tools:
Google AdWords for video now available to all. Similar to search advertising – where you pay for clicks and set budgets with bids – we created a new model for video advertising. With Google AdWords for video, you only pay when someone chooses to watch your ad and you can create and manage video campaigns from the same platform as your search and display ads. You can create an account and start promoting your first video in less than 5 minutes. With AdWords for video you can:
- Find the right audience: AdWords for video provides a range of options to reach the right audience. For example, you can promote your video by keyword to appear in YouTube search results, or you can choose to show your ad against content your customers are most interested in – such as sports or music. Connect with your audience on YouTube and the Google Display Network, which includes millions of websites. AdWords for video links to your YouTube account so you can easily start a video campaign with your existing videos.
- Measure the effectiveness of your spend: On average, we’ve found that YouTube video ads drive a 20 percent increase in traffic to your website and a 5 percent increase in searches for your business. This is just one benefit of video marketing (Google Campaign Insights, 2011). With AdWords for video you can find out how viewers are engaging with your brand during and after they watch your ad. You can see how many viewers watched your entire video, visited your website, stayed on your channel to watch another video, or subscribed to your channel, after viewing your ad.
- Only pay for engaged views: With TrueView video ads you only pay when viewers choose to watch your ad so you aren’t charged when viewers skip your ad if they aren’t interested or have already seen your video. This means your ad budget is focused on viewers interested in your video. By displaying a call-to-action overlay on your video you can talk about a sale or specific offer to your viewers, share more information about your business, or drive traffic to your website.
$ 50 million in free advertising. We’re giving away $ 50 million in free Google AdWords advertising to help more than 500,000 businesses get into video. If you are new to AdWords, you can receive a $ 75 credit when you sign up. To put that into context, with $ 75 your video campaign can reach more than 1,500 of your most valuable customers on YouTube for one month. Request your free credit here.
Advertiser Playbook and support. To share best practices and tips on how video can be a core part of your business toolkit, we created a YouTube Advertiser Playbook. The Playbook covers everything from creating interesting content to promoting your video with ads. If you need help making a video, our My Business Story is a free tool you can use to create your first video. AdWords advertisers can also call our free phone support line, 866-2-GOOGLE, to get started with AdWords for video.
YouTube Ambassador program. To recognize business owners that are already using YouTube to grow their business, we’re naming 9 businesses from across the country to our first ever YouTube Ambassador program. These businesses have seen outstanding success in reaching new customers, building a brand, and engaging their fans with video. Hear their stories and learn more about the YouTube Ambassador program on the Official Google Blog.
Hear more from TRX fitness, a company that has built its business with YouTube
Baljeet Singh, Group Product Manager, YouTube
More YouTube Tips For Business
Below you will find links to other articles, videos and podcasts about YouTube tips to help businesses get more leads, increase sales and grow your business.
- YouTube Marketing Strategies 2021 [PODCAST]
- 10 Video SEO Tips : How To Rank YouTube Videos and Optimize Them [PODCAST]
- 8 Tips How To Write a Video Script For Business and YouTube [PODCAST]
- 7 Tips on How To Get You More Customers using YouTube [Infographic]
- YouTube For Business in 2020 [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How To Get More Customers Using YouTube Ads For Your Business
- 6 Ways How To Promote Your YouTube Videos For FREE [PODCAST]
- How To Make a Tutorial Video For YouTube
- How To Write a Call To Action For YouTube Videos
- Online Video Marketing & YouTube Statistics 2017
- How To Make Effective YouTube Videos For Your Business
- 10 More Tips To Rank Your YouTube Videos
- How To Set Up YouTube Channel For Local Businesses [VIDEO]
- Video Marketing Tips : Using YouTube To Market Your Business
- Helping Businesses with YouTube Ads