Here on the payments team at AdSense, we strive to help you understand how and when you can be paid. Here’s a basic walk-through of 3 steps that will properly set up your account to receive its next payment:
1) Verify that your account isn’t on hold.
If you see a message about a payments hold when you sign in to your AdSense account, you likely still have to complete one or more of the following steps:
- Verify your mailing address by receiving a PIN in the mail and entering it in your account
- Select a payment method
- Submit your tax information (if it’s required in your location)
- Remove your self-hold if you had previously placed one on your account
This message will include links to the relevant steps to remove your holds, as well as a link to contact us. Please contact us only if your account is still on hold after you’ve completed the steps. We’ll be happy to help you remove it!
2) Verify that the cumulative total of your unpaid finalized earnings has crossed the payments threshold.
Visit your payments page and view your monthly balance. If this total exceeds your country’s payments threshold, you are eligible to be issued a payment later this month. Congratulations!
If you don’t see finalized earnings from the previous month, either you didn’t accrue any earnings or you’ll have to wait a few days for them to show up.
3) Verify that you have successfully set up a payment method.
Our payment options vary by country. Using the new AdSense interface, view the payment methods that are available to you by clicking on “edit payment method” located under “account settings.” If Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is available in your country, we highly recommend it as the fastest and easiest option available. We’re always trying to launch new forms of payment in different countries, so stay tuned to the blog if you don’t see your preferred form of payment yet.
Lastly, in the unlikely event that you are experiencing a payment problem that you can’t resolve, please view our Known Issues page or search for your issue on the AdSense Help Forum. These are valuable resources and often contain the answers to many of our most frequently received questions.