Webmaster Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Google AdSense is a program that enables webmasters like you to display relevant ads on your websites and earn revenue. It’s free to use and gives you access to Google’s vast network of advertisers. After a quick and easy set up, AdSense is designed to help you start showing ads on your site that fit in with your audience, while allowing you to earn money from the unique content you’ve created.
A key factor in understanding the opportunities you have with AdSense is understanding the traffic you have coming to your site. Webmaster Tools and other Google tools, such as Google Analytics, provide you with the insight to identify who your visitors are and where they’re coming from. You’re working to bring more people to your site and optimize your most successful pages to boost overall traffic. You can use this information with Google AdSense to display ads that are targeted to your traffic and better suited to match the content on your most successful pages. For example, you can use Webmaster Tools to identify how often your pages appear within Google search results. Knowing these to potentially be your most visible pages, you can use AdSense to display optimized ads on these pages.
Take a look below to see what different AdSense ads can look like.
|Text Ad – Medium Rectangle (300×250)||Video Ad – Medium Rectangle (300×250)|
Image Ad – Leaderboad (728×90)
Why use Google AdSense?
- Earn revenue from relevant and engaging advertising that enhances the user experience of your site.
- You’re in control, protecting your brand by customizing the size, location, and type of ads that appear.
- Gain insight with the powerful integration of Google Analytics and AdSense, helping you easily identify trends and factors that influence the earning potential of your website.
- Simple and easy to set up. Just add a few lines of code to your site and you’re ready to start showing ads.
- No risk. No obligation. There’s no minimum term of commitment. And it’s free.
Google AdSense automatically delivers ads that are targeted to your content and audience. AdSense also allows you to create Custom Channels that help advertisers target certain pages of your website, or even specific sections of these pages. As a Webmaster Tools user you have an advantage in understanding which Google search results guide traffic to your pages. You can use this information to provide more accurate descriptions of your custom channels for advertisers, allowing you to show even more relevant ads to your users. In turn, you can earn more revenue by displaying these more relevant and high quality ads.