Why Do You Need A Search Engine Optimisation Consultant?
In any endeavor, getting the right person for the job is a must, especially if you’re looking for a search engine optimisation consultant. If you hire someone who is unqualified or does not know how to do the job right, you will end up wasting time and effort. In the case of search engine optimization (SEO)-particularly SEO for small business-you are also risking your company’s profits and reputation. Because of a disastrous SEO implementation, your website could be banned from search engines, leading to lesser site traffic and sales, as well as negative public perception towards your company.
This is not to discourage you from getting assistance from a SEO consultant or one of the many SEO companies in Australia. In fact, they can do a lot to improve your website and your online presence. These experts offer search engine optimisation packages that could be tailor made to your company’s needs. At the very least, they can review your website for the content and technical aspects. Based on their review, they can give recommendations on how to improve your website for better site traffic, for instance. SEO companies in Australia can also do the actual content writing if you do not have the time or resources to do so. Indeed, SEO and web copywriting go hand in hand quite well. You may also want to leverage their expertise in developing and managing SEO campaigns. With the knowledge of different markets (local and global), a reputable SEO consultant can come up with SEO strategy and planning, like provide keyword researches and search-engine friendly CMS (content management system), to pull in quantity and quality in terms of website traffic.
When should you consider getting help from a search engine optimisation consultant? A good time would be when you are planning to redesign your current website or launching a new one. You would want the input of a search engine optimisation consultant as you develop a new website. When interviewing prospects, make sure to do the following:
• Ask for some samples of their work for other clients and describe some of their successes as a search engine optimisation consultant
• Ask if they comply with the SEO guidelines for Google?
• Ask if they have other strategy and planning services aside from doing optimizations for organic searches (e.g. consultation services regarding online marketing)
• Ask how long before clients see the results of the SEO effort and what kind of results can be expected. Also, ask what the success criteria are (i.e. how can they tell that the SEO effort is successful)
• Ask about experience as a SEO in your industry
• Ask about their experience in developing websites for international audiences
• Ask what SEO techniques are important for a top grade SEO consultant
• Ask how long they have been in operation.
Your choice of a SEO consultant will have a big impact on your business, so it is best to do some research first. There are plenty of articles on the Internet comparing SEO strategy and planning, as well as search engine optimisation packages. There are also articles on which SEO companies to avoid. You may also want to get recommendations from acquaintances and friends within your business circle.
The author is a Search Engine Optimisation Consultant located in Sydney, Australia. To find out more on how you could expand your business using the internet visit us at eLocalise.com.au.