Top Tips on Getting LinkedIn to Grow Your Business
Do you know how to use LinkedIn to grow your business? Probably not, I’m sad to say!
Many of you have been using LinkedIn for some time but have either had very little business or no business lead through LinkedIn. This probably leaves you thinking what all the hype is about and where are all these people who say they are making money on LinkedIn.
Unfortunately, it is not LinkedIn, it is YOU! Harsh, but true.
I came across a great article by Victoria Ipri of The Confident Copywriter.com where she gives some really useful tips on how to build your LinkedIn business strategy.
To get business using LinkedIn, you must have a plan, a strategy to help grow your business using LinkedIn, and Like Victoria says “You’re only going to get back what you put in. Without a plan, you’ll waste a lot of time being sociable, with no real business to show for it.”
I couldn’t agree more. How many of us waste time using social media to be “socialable” rather than for making money?
She goes on to say “when done correctly (which means planning Social Media Marketing into your day, maximizing that time, and maintaining a narrow focus), the results can be astounding.”
So, here are Victoria’s top tips on how to use LinkedIn
8 Steps to Optimizing Your LinkedIn Connections
1. See the future: How much new business can you comfortably handle? Be realistic. One new client a month is 12 for the year. Not bad.
2. Choose a target market and do not stray from this focus
3. Join groups for those markets and actively participate in a meaningful way
4. Educate yourself on effective LinkedIn search…there are ways to search and find specific information about specific people
5. Stand out: Be active! Be proactive! Be visible! Get out there and get involved. Create a highly compelling profile; not a resume rehash.
6. Answer questions to highlight your subject expertise
7. Accept connections and request connections. People want to connect with you!
8. Talk to people. I mean, really talk. Show an interest, look for ways to help each other…seeking connections isn’t only about having lots of connections!
Nothing in the above is either complicated or hard, you just need to apply yourself and business will come.
Remember, this is social media marketing and it’s all about building relationships with people. If those people listen to what you have to say and, this is the really important bit, they like what you are saying, they WILL become customers/clients.