Use QuantCast To Find Out What Your Competition Is Doing
If you have been struggling to improve your rankings and wonder why your competition always seems to outrank you, there are resources available that will unmask their strengths and weaknesses. In this article we look at how to do this using Quantcast as a competition analysis tool.
Learn more about what Quantcast is here.
The beauty of Quantcast is that it offers your local business great insight into the demographics of your competition. Demographics reveal the characteristics of your target market so that you can customize your marketing to reach out to them.
To get you started, go to Quantcast.com and type in the website address of your competition in search box at the top of the page. Quantcast will then show you some interesting information:
- The estimated monthly number of visitors per month in the United States. You can also view the number per day or week and the trends over 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year.
2. Demographics– the demographics are divided into the following categories
- Male and Female
- Age bracket-3-12,13-17,18-34,35-49,50+
- Race- Caucasian, African American, Asian, Hispanic and Other
- No kids and Has Kids from age 0 to 17under the age of 18
- No kids and had kids from age 0-2
- No kids and has kids from age 3-12
- No kids and has kids from age 13-17
- Annual income brackets $0-30k, $30-60k, $60-100k and over $100k
- Educational level: no college, college and graduate school
To get a simplified overall view of your competitors demographics, click on the ‘demographics’ tab and Quantcast will display the people your competitor’s site is most popular with in the various categories.
Armed with this information, your business can tailor its marketing efforts to appeal to the same popular target markets and imitate the success of the competition. In our next article we will look at a third resource to spy on your competition called Alexa.