Mobile Phones Bring Video Marketing To Businesses
The following statistics are even more reason for your business to have a mobile designed website. If you don’t, you will be losing out to your competitors, because they certainly will see the opportunities that mobile will bring.
- In February 2012, smartphones were nearly half (49.7%) of the US mobile market. That’s a 38% increase from February 2011. Smartphone users are increasingly consuming product video as part of their multichannel shopping experience, with 49% of smartphone owners watching at least one product video during a three-month period. (E-Commerce Times, 2012)
- Nearly 40% of consumers report that videos increase their likelihood of making a purchase on a mobile device. (Adobe Mobile Consumer Survey, 2012)
- By 2014, there will be more mobile Internet users than desktop/laptop users. And 50% of local searches are already done on mobile devices. (Microsoft Tag Mobile Marketing Report, 2011)
- 4 in 10 shoppers visited a store online or in-person as a direct result of watching a video. (ReelSEO, August 2012)
- There were nearly 25 million mobile video viewers at the end of 2010, an increase of 40% over the previous year.77% of mobile video viewers report watching more mobile video than they did one year ago. (eMarketer, 2010)
- 90% of smartphone searches result in an action such as a purchase or a visit to a business. (Google Blog, April 2011)