Converting Lists Into Cash With Email Marketing Tips
When I think of ways to get my email list subscribers to click my links and take action that will generate sales, I often remember the saying that goes “you can take a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.” That analogy is so true in email marketing because you can have a list with thousands of people on it, but that does not mean anything unless you’re able to turn that list into hard cash when you need to.
Here are ways to get people to take action
- Give them clear cut calls to action. This might seems obvious but unless you tell people to take specific action, they won’t. People often need to be taken by the hand and shown exactly what they need to do. You therefore need to include action sentences such as: Click here, Buy Now, Place your Order Here, Click this link, Here’s how to get your product.
- Provide money back guarantees. These put your prospects at ease and give them confidence to whip out their credit cards. Offering a solid and genuine guarantee protects your prospect from bad deals and getting ripped off. You can offer a 30 day guarantee where they can get a full refund if they are not happy with a product or service.
- Quality guarantees. This is useful for certain products especially technical gadgets, machinery, cars and food products. Assure your clients with warranties, quality certifications etc
- Offer to cover extra costs like shipping and handling so that your customer feels your business is covering more risk in the transaction than they are. This will also give you an edge over your competitors who may not be willing to foot these expenses. As you go the extra mile in customer service, customers will choose you over other local businesses.
- Offer bonuses such as accessories related to your offer for free. For example, a coffee shop may offer a free mug on all purchases of fresh roasted coffee beans. You can also increase your sales by offering bonus packages where you sell a product package for a discounted price. For example, the coffee shop could offer a three- pack package of fresh roasted coffee beans in different aromas for a discounted price that results in a £10 saving to the customer.