Discover How To Verify Your Facebook Business Page
On 6th October 2015, Facebook started rolling out verified badges (similar to Google My Business) for local businesses. As with Google My Business, a small tick symbol appears to the right of the business name and it will help customers, potential customers and users see that the Facebook business page is the “real” business. Importantly, as well as getting more potential “Likes” verifing your FB business page will also result in getting higher rankings in the search engines.
How To Verify Your Facebook Business Page
It is really easy to verify your business page in Facebook, just follow these easy steps below:
- Log in to your Facebook Business Page
- Click Settings at the top of your Page.
- From General, click Page Verification.
- Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started.
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language.
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code.
Presently, only small businesses in the UK, Canada, US, New Zealand and Australia can verify their FB pages, and not businesses with mutliple locations. However, Facebook has announced plans to rollout this feature to all businesses that have business pages.
Using Facebook As Part of Your Social Media Marketing
As a small business owner, you should be utilising Facebook as part of your Social Media Marketing strategy, and verify your FB business page is a huge part of this. Discover more Facebook marketing strategies below:
If you found this article helpful, please “LIKE” and SHARE this article