The Future Of Mobile: Prepare For 2013
Do you have a mobile site for your business?
Do you know how well your current website displays on a mobile device?
The use of mobile phone for internet searching is set to grow during 2013. At a recent Westminster eForum event at which Google, Three UK,, Telefonica O2 and Vodafone were all present some amazing statistic were presented:
- Smartphone sales overtook PC sales last year (2011 – two years earlier than expected)
- 52% of UK mobile phone users have a smartphone
- The number of smartphone searches doubles every two months
- 28% of all internet usage is from a mobile phone
- Tablet sales are growing at over 300% year on year.
- 40% of mobile searches have local intent
These figures are only set to increase particularly as we see the launch of 4g networks in the UK.
Not preparing your business for the changing ways in which users access information could mean you lose not just new customers but existing ones who can see you are not moving with the times.
If you are intending to operate a promotion in the New Year – you need to prepare now:
In 2011 there was a 23% increase in search queries from tablets after Christmas day – because many people received them as presents and there was a similar 11% increase in searches from mobile phones.
*** UPDATE ***
Mobile Website Simulator
Find out if your website displays properly on a mobile phone by using our Mobile Website Simulator. Just add your website url and see the results.
Mobile Website Design
If you need a mobile website then call Blue Square Management today on 01689 602 248 or email us for further information.