In 2014 UK Mobile Advertising Going To Overtake Newspaper Ad Revenue
According to a new report from eMarketer, mobile advertising spending in the UK will surge 90 per cent to £2.26bn in 2014. By 2018, eMarketer expects mobile advertising to count for more than one-third of total paid media spending in the UK.
You can go here to learn what “mobile advertising” is.
Here are some of the key points:
- Mobile will account for 15.1% of total media spending this year, compared with just 13.8% for newspapers.
- In 2015, mobile will surpass print’s total, at 21.0% of all spending vs. 17.3%.
- By 2016, TV’s share of UK total media ad spending will fall to 23.1% as mobile increases its portion to 26.2%.
- By 2017, mobile will become the single-largest ad channel in the UK market.
- eMarketer estimates that mobile will account for almost one-third of all digital ad spending in 2014, and rising to more than half by 2016.
If you go to eMarketer you will be able to find out. Click here.