Social Media Marketing For Business
A fundamental shift is happening when it comes to people finding your business and more importantly, how those people communicate using the internet. Social Media is part of that, and so should you and your business.
With over 800 million users (the size of a small country!) on Facebook, 200 million on Twitter and other Social Media networks growing in size, the potential for finding new customers and clients through Social Media is ever growing.
Social Media Platforms To Use To Help Your Business
- Facebook Marketing For Business
- Twitter Marketing For Business
- Google+ Marketing For Business
- LinkedIn Marketing For Business
- YouTube Marketing For Business
- Pinterest Marketing For Business
2012 Statistics: Facebook & Twitter Alone
- Facebook, the most popular social media network, has approximately 800+ million users
- The average Facebook user will have a minimum of 130 friends and will like about 80 pages
- On average, 3.5 billion content pieces are shared via Facebook
- Approximately 56% of consumers have reported that they will recommend a certain brand after becoming a fan of the related page.
- Approximately 77% of consumers have admitted that they interact with businesses on Facebook before purchasing their products
- Approximately 50% of Facebook users will log on every single day
- Approximately 55% of users use their mobile phone to access the Twitter platform
- Approximately 34% of business marketers have managed to generate leads using Twitter
General Social Media Statistics
A study by Nielsen shows the following:
- Approximately 80% of Americans use social media networks
- Internet surfers will spend a considerable amount on social networks as compared to other websites
- About 40% of the people will use their mobile phone devices to access social media networks
- Social media fans are more influential and active offline
Experian released a report on the use of social media and these are some of the highlights:
- About 129 million, or 91% of American adult internet surfers, use social media networks every month
- An average Facebook user will spend at least 20 minutes every time they log into their accounts
- Approximately 20% of social media users are more likely to visit other social media sites after they exit from one
Click the following link to find out what is Social Media.
The New SEO
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) has changed forever with the Google Penguin and Panda updates and will continue to evolve. No longer is optimising your website and getting some back links enough! Social signals are the new back links. So it is has become even more important for businesses to use Social Media.
However, posting on Facebook or Twitter that you are drinking a cup of Earl Grey tea is not the way to go. You need to engage with your audience, offer hints, tips and advice about your market. Make them aware of interesting news related articles from other sources. Ask them questions and answer any questions they have.
These are also great topics that can be used on your business blog. You do have a business blog, don’t you?
Need Help With Your Social Media
Blue Square Management provide the following internet marketing services:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Online Reputation Management & Marketing
- Online Video Markeing
- Social Media Marketing
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- Website Design
Videos To Help You Market Your Business Online
We have a number videos aimed to help small businesses with their online marketing. The videos cover SEO, Social Media Marketing, Website Design, Video Marketing, Reputation Marketing, Mobile Marketing and more; all designed to offer useful hints, tips and advice for small to medium business owners. These can be found on our online marketing videos for small businesses page.
Social Media Marketing Company
Blue Square Management
9 Grange Rd
Tel: 01689 602 248
Email: [email protected]